Introduction:The CLSA Central Valley Chapter has created a Construction Committee. The preliminary guidelines and scope are as follows:
- Research current surveying and civil engineering practices related to the use of machine control and digital files during construction.
- Prepare standard scope of professional service language related to machine control and digital design files for surveying services provided during BOTH design and construction.
- Prepare standard license agreements that can be used to release digital engineering or surveying files to third parties. The license agreements will address liability, warranty, error reporting, and the role of the design/surveying firm during construction.
- Prepare standard construction specification language related to the use of machine control and digital design files during construction.
- Discuss issues related to responsible charge and licensing as they are related to the use of machine control and digital design files during construction.
- Prepare guidelines for the surveyor's role during design and construction when machine control and digital design files will be used by the contractor.
- Prepare standards for digital design file or topographic data deliverables to the contractor for use during construction.
- Kent Hysell
- Brian Jones
- Jeff Kjeldsen
- Kris Nehmer
- Mike Quartaroli
Holiday Social EventWednesday, December 6th
Our Newsletter "The Prism" September 2017
California Surveyor: "Issue 185"
BPELSG Bulletin:Fall 2017
New in the Library:Tuolumne County - Updated Record Maps and Corner Records, added Mineral Surveys
San Joaquin County - added Filed Map Footprints
updated February 2016 Guide to the Preparation of Maps
updated ROS, PM, M&P, Corner Records
Madera County - updated Record maps
Santa Clara County - updated Record maps and Corner Records
Sacramento County - added link to Geographical Map Index
Fresno County - updated record maps
Stanislaus County - updated record maps
CLSA Chapter Website of the Year - 2012-2014