CLSA Central Valley Chapter Meeting Information
You will find details on the April 2014 meeting of the CLSA Central Valley Chapter below. Please contact any of the chapter officers with questions about the meeting.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at
- Location: Perko's in Modesto (901 North Carpenter Road)
- Speaker: Dane Ince, PLS, CFedS
- Topic: The Evidentiary Content of Maps
Dane Ince has been involved with land surveying since 1978. After becoming licensed in 2006, Dane founded San Francisco surveying company in 2007. Dane is proud of the fact that he was able to become part of the second class of surveyors to be certified federal surveyors. The practice at San Francisco Surveying Company centers on boundary surveying in San Francisco. Over the years, Dane has had the opportunity to work on boundaries, small and large for mom and pop and for large land development companies where the boundaries involved hundreds to thousands of acres.
The Evidentiary Content of Maps
There is a controversy regarding the evidentiary content of maps. The controversy results in inconsistent boundary mapping products. More importantly, the controversy results in obscured boundary evidence and ultimately the disruption of repose in boundary locations and unnecessary travails to society at large. The controversy, in part, arises from a disagreement over fundamentals. What are the fundamentals? How are the fundamentals applied? How do the fundamentals shape the content of boundary mapping? The answer to these questions and the tamping down of the controversy can be had by an examination of the following:
- the minimum standard of practice as expressed in state law
- the state board that governs the profession and how it interprets the minimum standard and how that is expressed in disciplinary actions
- professional organizations who have expressed an opinion on the evidentiary content of maps
- the opinions expressed in professional journals and commentary of surveyor educators
- the opinions expressed in well-known textbooks used to educate land surveyors
You can download the meeting notice here in pdf format.
You can download the meeting minutes here in pdf format.
Adopt‐a‐Road Clean Up DayApril 8, 2017
Our Newsletter "The Prism" March 2017
California Surveyor: "Fall 2016"
BPELSG Bulletin:Winter 2016
New in the Library:Tuolumne County - Updated Record Maps and Corner Records, added Mineral Surveys
San Joaquin County - added Filed Map Footprints
updated February 2016 Guide to the Preparation of Maps
updated ROS, PM, M&P, Corner Records
Madera County - updated Record maps
Santa Clara County - updated Record maps and Corner Records
Sacramento County - added link to Geographical Map Index
Fresno County - updated record maps
Stanislaus County - updated record maps
CLSA Chapter Website of the Year - 2012-2014